- Our Learning
- Class Pages
- Remote Learning Spring 2021
- Previous Weeks' Remote Learning
- Monday 1st March 2021
Monday 1st March 2021
We hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend! This week we will be focussing our learning around the story of ‘The hungry caterpillar’ by Eric Carle. Please continue to send your child’s work via Tapestry or email. As always, we will be posting examples of remote learning to be proud of on our school webpage. Please also see the parent secure area of the website for today's Gospel assembly with Mrs Black or to enjoy a selection of stories shared by Mrs Black and Mrs Kendal.
This week we are celebrating World Book Day!
We have planned lots of fun celebrations throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled for things to join in with! World Book Day itself is on the 4th March and we would love it if you dressed up as your favourite book character (as you usually would) and sent a picture to your class teacher. Your child may like to do this on Wednesday 3rd March for our class assembly. There will be an opportunity to turn camera’s on to show off their costumes if they wish, we will both be dressed up then too!
Today we have a couple of activities launching for the week:
- Great British Book Off too, the tasks can be found here and I know our judges are very excited to see all of your entries! Make sure you get your entries to your teachers by the closing dates!
- We are also running a Masked Reader competition! We have masked some of our staff reading and you have to guess who is who! There will be a new reader each day and all readers will be unmasked on Friday 5th March, so make sure you have a look and see if your guesses were right! These can be found on the school website here.
- Finally, we are launching an extreme reading competition- more information about World Book Day and our celebrations can be found here.
You will also be receiving a £1 Book Token digitally to spend on one of the £1 books from this year- you can have a sneak peek at the books here.
In this week’s small group session your child can bring their favourite book to show their friends we will also play a story quiz with the children too to celebrate World Book Day.
Please see below for today’s learning links
Click here for today’s learning on recognising the value of one penny and the values of other coins.
Click here for the direct link to Oak Academy
If you would like some extra maths challenges this week’s challenges can be viewed here.
Click on the Sway to access this week’s story ‘The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
Visit Oxford Owl and create your free account to access these eBooks
-‘Toads’ in the road’ for an extra challenge
This week we are going to be revising some of the sounds we already know and using these skills to write sentences.
This week we are revising
Here is your revision sound for today if you would also like to or need to work on this –
/oa/ as in goat,
Please send your child’s learning via our class email address or your Tapestry account.
The EYFS team